7.29.2007

Our last days in Maryland were very busy, packed with last minute celebrations with friends, ending another baseball season, attending great birthday parties, and just chillin' with the gangs. It all came to an end so quickly it hardly seems it has been over a month. I am so very fortunate to have had so much help scraping everything together.... How we ever could have done it without all my helpers I will never know. It was by the "skin of our teeth" as Jill says, that we sold our townhouse just as we were pulling out of town. (I'll tell you, closing on selling and buying a home through the mail is a much bigger pain than just sitting for two hours signing the 32 million documents.)

We sold by owner, which was quite a learning experience. I really do appreciate what I learned through the entire process and am unsure as to whether I would do it again or not. I will say that if any of you are looking to buy or sell in the DC area, I fell head over heels for a realty team that we met with when we were thinking our deal may not go through. A husband and wife team, this couple is dynamic and very practical. Visit their site if you are interested: http://www.crawfordandlee.net/.

Wesley was able to spend a couple days with his neighborhood buddies while Erik and I were overseeing the packing. He also squeezed in an appearance for the allstars team in the baseball organization he played for... this trophy lights up and that was cool.

Leaving was difficult for Wes. He misses his friends a lot and seems to want his new friends to fit just right. We are anxiously awaiting the start of football season, which should be soon. I am willing to bet it is a whole different "ball game" in Georgia over Maryland.





One of Donna and Gordon's last get togethers in Maryland was their buddy, Brendan's birthday. Held at Little Gym it was a really great time. I had forgotten how much fun kids are at the parachute circle when they are 1 1/2. Gordon had a great time. Donna has adjusted fairly well to all the changes. All the way to Michigan she was asking to go to sleep in her bed. In Michigan she wanted to stay at her friend's houses in Maryland. When we were in Georgia she was finally just happy to be able to find her bears.





Gordon has missed playing with kids in his age range (evidenced by the relentless torture he inflicts on other toddlers now). It is amazing how he has been picking up words. I do try to keep that in mind these days.

All in all we are doing well. Lonely, but making some progress in that area. Check back for updates....


No comments: